Grupy

Diane 35 - nazwa w Kanadzie?

1. Data: 2001-09-21 23:45:59

Temat: Diane 35 - nazwa w Kanadzie?
Od: "Robert Slisz \(Siwy\)" <s...@p...onet.pl> szukaj wiadomości tego autora

Witam !

Mam wielką prośbę.

Być może ktoś wie czy istnieje jakiś odpowiednik preparatu Diane 35
(Cyproterone acetate - 2 mg, Ethinyloestradiol - 0,035 mg) w kanadzie. Jeśli
tak, prosiłbym o podanie jego nazwy.

Z góry dziękuję.

--
Robert Ślisz (Siwy)
s...@p...onet.pl s...@p...clinika.pl

2. Data: 2001-09-22 09:33:25

Temat: Re: Diane 35 - nazwa w Kanadzie?
Od: "Sark" <s...@p...gazeta.pl> szukaj wiadomości tego autora

Użytkownik "Robert Slisz (Siwy)" <s...@p...onet.pl> napisał w wiadomości
> Witam !
>
> Mam wielką prośbę.
>
> Być może ktoś wie czy istnieje jakiś odpowiednik preparatu Diane 35
> (Cyproterone acetate - 2 mg, Ethinyloestradiol - 0,035 mg) w kanadzie.
Jeśli
> tak, prosiłbym o podanie jego nazwy.
>
> Z góry dziękuję.

Wynika że jest w Kanadzie od 1998 r. Poniżej artykuł na jego temat.
Producentem preparatu jest na pewno firma Berlex Canada Inc i preparat jest
dostępny pod nazwą którą wymieniłeś (oryginalną)
http://www.berlex.ca/mainsite/En/Berlex/pages/produf
rench.htm a tutaj
szersze omówienie
http://www.berlex.ca/mainsite/En/Berlex/pages/neofre
nch.htm.
Zapytyanie do firmy można kierowac :

BERLEX CANADA INC
2260 32nd Avenue,
Lachine, Québec H8T 3H4

Tél.: (514) 631-7400
1 800 361-0240 (Canada only)
Fax: (514) 636-9177

E-maill: w...@b...ca
________________________
Berlex Canada Inc. is a leading research-based pharmaceutical company
working to improve the health of Canadians with innovative products and
services, especially for women. In the Women's Health area, we are active in
fertility control, menopause and, most recently, infertility.
http://www.berlex.ca/mainsite/index.htm

Diane-35 Available In Canada To Treat Severe Acne In Women

TORONTO, ON -- Nov. 12, 1998 -- Berlex Canada Inc.’s Diane(R)-35, a new
medication for women with severe acne and associated symptoms of
androgenisation, including seborrhea (oily hair and skin) and mild hirsutism
(excessive hair growth on body and face), is now available in Canada.

Indicated for women who are unresponsive to oral antibiotics and other
available treatments, Diane-35 is a unique combination
anti-androgen/estrogen pill that also provides reliable contraception.

"Acne and effects of other androgen-dependent dermatological conditions can
have a severe and devastating impact on both the physical and psychologic
health of a woman," says Dr. Kenneth Kobayashi, dermatologist, St. Mary's
Hospital, Waterloo, ON. "Diane-35 can provide an effective means of
controlling these conditions and thus restore a woman's self-esteem and
greatly improve skin health and appearance. In addition, women have the
security of knowing they are also using a reliable form of birth control."

Androgens are male sex hormones that are also produced in smaller quantities
in women and they are responsible for a number of actions including hair
growth.

When androgen activity is increased in women, conditions such as acne,
seborrhea and hirsutism can result. These conditions are known as symptoms
of androgenisation.

"In addition to the changes in skin associated with androgenisation, other
bodily changes toward male characteristics can occur," said Dr. Serge
Belisle, chairman of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at the
University of Montreal. "These include a deepening of the voice, enlargement
of the clitoris and an increase in skeletal muscle. Diane-35 acts to reverse
these conditions."

Diane-35 contains two hormones: cyproterone acetate, a progestogen, and
ethinyl estradiol, an estrogen. Cyproterone acetate inhibits the influence
of androgens and reduces the activity of the sebaceous gland which plays an
important role in the development of acne and seborrhea.

"What's unique about Diane-35 is its ability to block androgen activity at
the pilosebaceous unit," Belisle said. "While all oral contraceptives may
decrease the production of androgens to some extent, only Diane-35 decreases
the ability of androgens to bind to their receptors, improving signs of
androgenisation such as acne, seborrhea and hirsutism in women.

"Because Diane-35 contains both an estrogen and progestin, it provides
extremely reliable contraception with good cycle control in patients treated
for acne, seborrhea and hirsutism. It has many properties in common with
other estrogen/progestogen combination oral contraceptives, meaning that the
same contraindications and precautions applicable to this class of drugs
should be considered."

The recommended duration of treatment is at least several months, as
improvement may not be observed until four or five cycles of use. Research
has shown that within three to six months of therapy, acne can be improved
and suppressed. It is recommended that a patient continue treatment for
another three to four cycles after signs of androgen-related activity have
subsided.

"Women who require effective contraception can actually remain on Diane-35
as long as their physicians recommend," Dr. Belisle explained. "Diane-35 is
as safe and efficacious as other oral contraceptives currently on the
market, with 99.9 percent contraceptive reliability."

Efficacy data from three pivotal clinical trials of Diane-35, including
trials in Canada, demonstrates results from 1,462 women with symptoms of
androgenisation, including severe acne, over a period of 23,549 cycles. In
these trials, acne was improved in 38 percent of patients after three months
and in 91 percent of patients after 12 months. Improvement was steady with
progression of therapy and, by the end of 36 cycles, all cases of facial
acne were completely healed.

In these trials, associated symptoms of seborrhea and hirsutism, also showed
a similar efficacy profile. By cycle nine, improvement of oily hair and skin
was noted in 61 percent of the women taking Diane-35. While significant
improvement in hirsutism was slower to occur, a trend towards improvement
was observed consistently throughout the treatment period. After 36 cycles
of therapy, hirsutism on the face, chest and abdomen, remitted in 60
percent, 95 percent and 82 percent of the patients respectively.

Diane-35 tablets are available in 21-day blister packs. Overall, the drug is
well-tolerated with reported adverse effects similar in nature and frequency
to those reported with typical estrogen/progestogen combinations.

http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/c12ca.htm
_______________________________________

Sark

3. Data: 2001-09-22 09:39:13

Od: "Sark" <s...@p...gazeta.pl> szukaj wiadomości tego autora

Na stronie http://www.berlex.ca/mainsite/En/Berlex/pages/planfr
ench.htm masz
tzw feedback do firmy (forlmularz) gdzie można zadac pytanie bezpośrednio ze
strony www

Sark

4. Data: 2001-09-22 21:50:06

Od: "Robert Slisz \(Siwy\)" <s...@p...onet.pl> szukaj wiadomości tego autora

Bardzo dziękuję za wyczerpującą odpowiedź.

Jednocześnie przekonałem się do pl.sci.medycyna , bo zaczynałem się już bać
że głównie na kłutniach się opiera.

Pozdrawiam.

--
Robert Ślisz (Siwy)