Grupy

Percodan

1. Data: 2001-07-01 20:14:20

Temat: Percodan
Od: Daga Gorczyńska <d...@a...net.pl> szukaj wiadomości tego autora

Witam,

Pilnie potrzebuję informacji nt. Percodanu - czy możecie pomóc?
Czy jest to lek powszechnie stosowany w Polsce (nie słyszałam o nim
wcześniej)? Czy jest skuteczny w łagodzeniu objawów RZS? Czy zawiera
morfinę bądź kodeinę (końcówka nazwy świadczyłaby, że zawiera kodeinę)?
Jeśli zawiera morfinę (Percodan zawiera chyba opioidy?) - czy są to ilości
uzależniające przy regularnym przyjmowaniu leku?
Jak się ma działanie Pwercodanu do działania Vioxxu i Celebrexu? Czy jest
to (jak te dwa leki) lek selektywny i czy można je stosować zamiennie?
Czy - jeśli Vioxx i Celebrex nie skutkują w uśmierzaniu bólu - Percodan
pomoże?

Bardzo proszę o wszelkie informacje.

Pozdrawiam,
Daga

--
Verdiana [Dagmara Gorczyńska]

Kto wcześnie się z łóżka zbiera, ten wcześnie umiera.
/Rincewind/

2. Data: 2001-07-02 06:29:26

Temat: Re: Percodan
Od: "piotr" <p...@p...onet.pl> szukaj wiadomości tego autora

Według moich informacji nawet nie jest zarejestrowany. Przesyłam to co
znalazlem w interku:

aspirin and oxycodone

Pronunciation: AS pir in and ox i KOE done
Brand: Endodan, Percodan, Percodan-Demi, Roxiprin

What is the most important information I should know about aspirin and
oxycodone?
. Do not stop taking aspirin and oxycodone suddenly if you have been
taking it continuously for more than 5 to 7 days. Stopping suddenly could
cause withdrawal symptoms and make you very uncomfortable. Your doctor may
want to gradually reduce your dose.
. Avoid alcohol while taking aspirin and oxycodone. Alcohol may increase
the drowsiness and dizziness caused by aspirin and oxycodone and could be
dangerous. Also, alcohol increases the risk of stomach bleeding when you are
taking a medication that contains aspirin.
. Also avoid sleeping pills, tranquilizers, sedatives, and antihistamines
except under the supervision of your doctor. These medicines also may cause
dangerous sedation.
. Oxycodone may also cause constipation. Drink plenty of water (six to
eight full glasses a day) to lessen this side effect. Increasing the amount
of fiber in your diet can also help to alleviate constipation.
. Never take more aspirin and oxycodone than is prescribed for you. If
your pain is not being adequately treated, talk to your doctor.
. Avoid other over-the-counter and prescription products that contain
aspirin. Too much aspirin could be dangerous. Talk to your doctor or
pharmacist before taking any over-the-counter preparations.

What is aspirin and oxycodone?
. Oxycodone (related to codeine) is in a class of drugs called narcotic
analgesics. It relieves pain.
. Aspirin is a less potent pain reliever, as well as an anti-inflammatory
and a fever reducer. Aspirin increases the effects of oxycodone.
. The combination, aspirin and oxycodone, is used to treat
moderate-to-severe pain.
. Aspirin and oxycodone may also be used for purposes other than those
listed in this medication guide.

Who should not take aspirin and oxycodone?
. Oxycodone is habit forming and should be used only under close
supervision if you have an alcohol or drug addiction.
. Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you
. drink more than three alcoholic drinks per day;
. have kidney disease;
. have liver disease;
. have asthma;
. have urinary retention;
. have an enlarged prostate;
. have hypothyroidism;
. have a stomach ulcer;
. have a coagulation (bleeding) disorder;
. have congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, or another heart
disease;
. have fluid retention;
. have seizures or epilepsy;
. have gallbladder disease;
. have a head injury; or
. have Addison's disease.
. You may not be able to take aspirin and oxycodone, or you may require a
dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of
the conditions listed above.
. Oxycodone may cause addiction and withdrawal symptoms as well as other
harmful effects in an unborn baby. Do not take aspirin and oxycodone without
first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant.
. Oxycodone may also cause addiction and withdrawal symptoms in a nursing
baby. Do not take aspirin and oxycodone without first talking to your doctor
if you are breast-feeding a baby.
. If you are older than 60 years of age, you may be more likely to
experience side effects from aspirin and oxycodone therapy. Use extra
caution.
. This drug has not been approved for use by children. Also, do not use
any drug that contains aspirin to treat a child or teenager who has a fever,
flu symptoms, or chicken pox without first talking to a doctor. In children
younger than 18 years of age, aspirin may increase the risk of Reye's
syndrome, a rare but often fatal condition.

How should I take aspirin and oxycodone?
. Take aspirin and oxycodone exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do
not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to
explain them to you.
. Take each dose with a full glass of water.
. Take aspirin and oxycodone with food or milk if it upsets your stomach.
. Never take more of this medication than is prescribed for you. Too much
aspirin and oxycodone could be very harmful.
. Do not stop taking aspirin and oxycodone suddenly if you have been
taking it continuously for more than 5 to 7 days. Stopping suddenly could
cause withdrawal symptoms and make you feel uncomfortable. Your doctor may
want to gradually reduce your dose.
. Increase the amount of fiber and water (six to eight full glasses) in
your diet to prevent constipation.
. Do not share this medication with anyone else.
. Do not take this drug if it begins to smell strongly of vinegar. This
smell means that the aspirin is beginning to break down.
. Store aspirin and oxycodone at room temperature away from moisture and
heat.

What happens if I miss a dose?
. Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose
of this medication. Wait the prescribed amount of time before taking your
next dose.

What happens if I overdose?
. Seek emergency medical attention.
. Symptoms of an aspirin and oxycodone overdose include slow breathing,
seizures, dizziness, weakness, loss of consciousness, coma, confusion,
tiredness, cold and clammy skin, small pupils, ringing in your ears, nausea,
vomiting, and sweating.

What should I avoid while taking aspirin and oxycodone?
. Avoid alcohol while taking aspirin and oxycodone. Alcohol may increase
the drowsiness and dizziness caused by aspirin and oxycodone and could be
dangerous. Also, alcohol increases the risk of stomach bleeding when you are
taking a medication that contains aspirin.
. Also avoid sleeping pills, tranquilizers, sedatives, and antihistamines
except under the supervision of your doctor. These medicines also may cause
dangerous sedation.
. Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other
hazardous activities. Oxycodone may cause drowsiness. If you experience
drowsiness, avoid these activities.

What are the possible side effects of aspirin and oxycodone?
. If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking
aspirin and oxycodone and seek emergency medical attention:
. an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat;
swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
. slow, weak breathing;
. seizures;
. cold, clammy skin;
. severe weakness or dizziness;
. unconsciousness;
. yellowing of the skin or eyes;
. unusual fatigue;
. bleeding or bruising; or
. black, bloody, or tarry stools or blood in the urine or vomit.
. Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue
to take oxycodone and talk to your doctor if you experience
. constipation;
. dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, or decreased appetite;
. dizziness, tiredness, or lightheadedness;
. muscle twitches;
. sweating;
. itching;
. decreased urination;
. decreased sex drive; or
. ringing in the ears.
. Aspirin and oxycodone is habit forming. Do not stop taking it suddenly.
. Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your
doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially
bothersome.

What other drugs will affect aspirin and oxycodone?
. Do not take aspirin and oxycodone if you have taken a monoamine oxidase
inhibitor (MAOI) such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), or
tranylcypromine (Parnate) in the last 14 days. Dangerous side effects could
result.
. Oxycodone may increase the effects of other drugs that cause drowsiness,
including antidepressants, alcohol, antihistamines, sedatives (used to treat
insomnia), other pain relievers, anxiety medicines, and muscle relaxants.
Tell your doctor about all medicines that you are taking, and do not take
any medicine unless your doctor approves.
. Before taking aspirin and oxycodone, tell your doctor if you are taking
any of the following medicines:
. an oral anticoagulant such as warfarin (Coumadin);
. a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) such as ibuprofen
(Motrin, Advil, Nuprin, others), ketoprofen (Orudis, Orudis KT, Oruvail),
naproxen (Naprosyn, Anaprox, Aleve), and others;
. other salicylates (forms of aspirin) such as choline salicylate
and/or magnesium salicylate (Magan, Doan's, Bayer Select Backache Pain
Formula, Mobidin, Arthropan, Trilisate, Tricosal) and salsalate (Disalcid);
. a steroid such as prednisone (Deltasone), methylprednisolone
(Medrol), prednisolone (Prelone, Pediapred, others), and others;
. probenecid (Benemid);
. sulfinpyrazone (Anturane);
. an angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor such as benazepril
(Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Prinivil,
Zestril), and others;
. a beta-blocker such as acebutolol (Sectral), propranolol (Inderal),
atenolol (Tenormin), metoprolol (Lopressor), and others;
. an oral diabetes medication such as glipizide (Glucotrol) or
glyburide (Micronase, Diabeta);
. lithium (Lithobid, Eskalith, others); or
. cyclosporine (Sandimmune, Neoral).
. You may not be able to take aspirin and oxycodone, or you may require a
dosage adjustment or special monitoring during your treatment if you are
taking any of the medicines listed above.
. Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with aspirin and
oxycodone. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription
or over-the-counter medicines.

Użytkownik Daga Gorczyńska <d...@a...net.pl> w wiadomości do grup
dyskusyjnych napisał:9ho082$1up$...@n...onet.pl...
> Witam,
>
> Pilnie potrzebuję informacji nt. Percodanu - czy możecie pomóc?
> Czy jest to lek powszechnie stosowany w Polsce (nie słyszałam o nim
> wcześniej)? Czy jest skuteczny w łagodzeniu objawów RZS? Czy zawiera
> morfinę bądź kodeinę (końcówka nazwy świadczyłaby, że zawiera kodeinę)?
> Jeśli zawiera morfinę (Percodan zawiera chyba opioidy?) - czy są to ilości
> uzależniające przy regularnym przyjmowaniu leku?
> Jak się ma działanie Pwercodanu do działania Vioxxu i Celebrexu? Czy jest
> to (jak te dwa leki) lek selektywny i czy można je stosować zamiennie?
> Czy - jeśli Vioxx i Celebrex nie skutkują w uśmierzaniu bólu - Percodan
> pomoże?
>
> Bardzo proszę o wszelkie informacje.
>
> Pozdrawiam,
> Daga
>
> --
> Verdiana [Dagmara Gorczyńska]
>
> Kto wcześnie się z łóżka zbiera, ten wcześnie umiera.
> /Rincewind/

Wyszukiwanie zaawansowane »

Starsze wątki

Łuszczyca