Grupy

Re: Maka na chebek w USA

From: Waldemar Krzok <w...@z...fu-berlin.de>
Newsgroups: pl.rec.kuchnia
Subject: Re: Maka na chebek w USA
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:29:10 +0100

sagsurfer wrote:

> Witam serdzecznie
> Czy ktos z grupowiczów mieszka w USA ,
> interesuje mnie jaka make trzeba uzyc aby wypiec zytni chlebek.
> Czy ktos na grupie ma doswiadczenie w tym wzgledzie.
> Jestem w New Yorku i ni jak nie moge upiec chlebka, ciagle cos nie tak ,
> wiec mysle ze biore niewlasciwa make.( jakie angielskie nazwy maki trzeba
> brac pod uwage)
> Za wszelkie wskazówki z góry dizekuje

W NY nie mam pojęcia, w Houston spróbowałbym w HEB, ma dużo "organic food".
To co szukasz to course rye flour albo pumpernickel flour. A to zerżnąłem z
jakiejś listy dyskusyjnej, odpowiedź tambylca na podobne pytanie:

Since there are so many specialty shops in NYC, I have to believe that you
can get just about anything here. That said, I'm not sure where I would go
to look for coarse rye flour. There are a few well-known gourmet grocers in
Manhattan, so if I couldn't find it at Fairway (my first place for
everything) or Whole Foods (some are better than others. I like the one on
the Bowery the best.), I would try any of the following:

Zabar's
Balducci's
Dean and Deluca
Jefferson's Market
Garden of Eden

There's a ton more, but that's where I'd start.

Also, I looked at Citysearch, and found the following (have no idea what
these are [Ed note: these sound like wholesalers]):

Flour Plus Baker's Supply Incorporated
350 Meserole St
Brooklyn, NY 11206
Phone: (718) 417-7596

A Oliveri & Sons Flour & Baker
619 Luis Munoz Marin Blvd
Jersey City, NJ 07310
Phone: (201) 319-9112

Gordy Howard Bakery Supplies
871 Shepherd Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11208-5227
Phone: (718) 927-9511

David Rosen Bakery Supply
350 Meserole St
Brooklyn, NY 11206-1733
Phone: (718) 381-0600

Last but not least, from what little info I was able to ascertain from
others, you can often buy flours at your local bakery or deli. There's
trillions of those.

Ok, lastly for real this time, I might also try Russian or Polish stores.
There's a bunch of those, as well, some in my neighborhood. There's a bog
one called Moscow on the Hudson up in the Washington Heights area. Brighton
Beach is still a haven, and there's a place called Russian Bread Co.
Incorporated (more citysearching) on Brighton Beach Boulevard.

--
My jsme Borgové. Sklopte štíty a vzdejte se. Odpor je marný.